Dever School does not require uniforms, but proper dress is required to support an atmosphere conducive to learning.
- Shirts, tops and dresses must have a minimum 2 inch shoulder strap. Spaghetti straps are not allowed.
- Clothing must fit appropriately. Pants must be worn at the waist. Shirts must be long enough to cover the stomach when the student raises his/her hand.
- Shorts, skirts and dresses may not be more than 3 inches above the knee.
- Pants with holes above the knee are not permitted.
- Shoes must have backs. Flip-flop style shoes are not permitted.
- Hats, hoods and other head coverings may not be worn during the school day. Exceptions are head coverings worn for medical or religious reasons.
- Clothing may not display words, pictures or symbols that advocate or depict profanity, violence, drugs, alcohol, tobacco, gang affiliation or illegal activity.
- Gym shoes must be worn during physical education class.
- For safety reasons it is recommended that jewelry not be worn on gym days. Students who remove jewelry during the school day do so at their own risk.
- Ear piercings are the only allowable visible piercings.
- All students participate in daily recess/fitness. Students must be dressed appropriately for daily outdoor activities.